Workplace instructors perform a key role in promoting high quality learning at the workplace. The workplace instructor provides the student with instruction, guidance, support, and evaluates students first aid skills.
In order to choose a workplace instructor, companies should consider candidates with some of the following characteristics and experience in their background:
- Currently certified in Standard First Aid and CPR with background in health care, other corporate safety training and related training is a definite asset.
- Friendliness and congeniality. They enjoy people and understand how to organize and relate information to the staff.
- A Good Personality leads to better communication, understanding, and ultimately good results.
- A Good Communicator and is comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- A Good Listener.
- A Good Sense of Humor.
- A gentle and kind person.
- A flexible person.